Listen to the article:
Selecting software or services can be a bewildering, especially when there are more than a couple to choose from or a wide range of features. Software or services are often used for many years after the initial decision to purchase.
5 Key Steps
1. List requirements needed from the selected software.
2. Categories the requirements into Want’s and Need’s
3. Create a matrix of the requirements with a column for each software or service.
4. Complete the matrix and highlight the best options.
5. The matrix provides guidance on the suitable options, use this wisely to help make a decision.
This approach doesn’t remove the need to make a decision, but it does provide you with a fresh and objective perspective to help with making the decision.
Tell me what you think in the comments below or on twitter @timdixon82