It’s New Year’s Eve and like most I am thinking about what 2014 meant for me.
Noteworthy events of 2014
1. After years of trying my wife is pregnant and we are expecting our first child in January.
2. I became an uncle to my first niece.
3. I said good bye to my Grandma.
4. I completed my work assignment in Abu Dhabi after 19 months. An very successful project which provided me with fantastic opportunities to meet many great people and become friends with them. During the project I learnt a phenomenal amount about the local culture and how to adapt to local business practices and requirements.
5. Home improvements have been continuous during the year as we settle into our new home. We have decorated the office, nursery, replaced the boiler. new kitchen and revamped living room.
6. I found out that I have severe Sleep Apnea and thanks to CPAP treatment enjoy the best sleep I have had in years.
Looking forward to 2015
I am not one for setting resolutions as I believe in continuous improvement, although there are a number of things I am looking forward to in 2015.
1. The birth of my first child and becoming a father.
2. Finding and buying a new car.
3. New challenges……
Happy New Year!