The Neato D7 Botvac is a work horse, keeping the house clean each day without lifting a finger. Well, until one day, they dropped off the wifi and would not show the pairing mode wi-fi to reconnect them. This post covers how to fix Neato D7 Botvac pairing mode Wi-fi not visible. In a rush, jump to the solution.
The Problem: Neato D7 Wi-fi Not Showing
Your Neato D7 botvac is not connected in the Neato app. Despite trying all the troubleshooting in the manual, you cannot get it to connect. You have followed the instructions and removed the botvac from the app. Then you have put the botvac in pairing mode, the light is flashing correctly, but no Wi-fi network for the botvac is showing.
Resolution: Fix Neato D7 Botvac Pairing Mode Wi-fi Not Visible Using Factory Reset
A factory reset will reset the botvac to the state it arrived new, including rolling back the firmware. Neato do not recommend this procedure and it’s only thanks to woutske on Reddit who posted the reset instructions in this threa: Now have a new issue with D7 Robot. It won’t allow me to connect to the robot itself. : botvac (reddit.com)
WARNING FOR D3 AND D5 OWNERS
A factory reset is strongly NOT recommended for Neato D5 or D3 which were manufactured before the 16th week of 2018. If you don’t know the date of manufacture, you should contact Neato support team via https://neatorobotics.com/pages/customer-care or through Neato socials (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
- Open the app and remove the botvac from the Neato app.
- Power down the botvac by pressing and holding the power button until the botvac turns off.
- Remove the dirt bin.
- Press and hold both the left-front and left-side bumper. (Same side as the power button). Make sure both bumpers are being pressed inside.
- While holding down the left-front and left-side bumpers in place, press the power button once to power on the botvac then only release the power button.
- Keep holding the left-front and left side bumpers for 10 seconds then let go.
- Botvac will go through a reset process; this may take up to 10 minutes. The two LEDs on next to the power button will flash (this is normal behavior). When the process is finished, the botvac will reboot.
- Wait until the botvac completes the reset process. Once the botvac has finished the reset process, it will reboot itself and the power on music will play.
- Place the dust bin back in the botvac.
- Reconnect the botvac using the app. (This process is the same as connecting a botvac for the first time)
Tell me what you think in the comments below or on twitter @timdixon82